Friday, April 6, 2012

New York's biggest secret!!!(for anyone who likes to cook)

I know, I know, it's been too long since my last post...but as I'm moving to Switzerland and am actually homeless, it's not quite easy to write, but I'll try to be more generous with you from now on, and I am gonna start with this great tip!!!


New York is a really big city with lots of amazing things to see, eat, drink and do, so one post isn't gonna cut it, but as this blog is not only about traveling, but about food too, I decided to write this post about a marvelous hidden bookstore I discovered last year.

This is really not a tourist spot as it's exactly 2 streets down from where the upper east side turns into east harlem, but it's worth the trip and it's a nice way to get to know another part of New York city, and it's actually quite interesting to see a place with no tourists(or almost none) and observe the daily life of the "latino" neighborhood of New York.

Kitchen, Arts and Letters is the name of this heavenly place and if you are as addicted to cookbooks as I am, consider at least half a day to spend it there! Don't underestimate it by their size, because they are quite small, but they have a lot to offer, you just have to look through it! There's a lot of old cookbooks, most of them are not even printed anymore, they have a section for business books, like "How to open your restaurant", those kind of things, and much more. The owners(at least I think they were) are really nice, so don't mind asking questions or even asking them to find a book for you, even if they don't have they will try to find it!

That's it for today, I hope you enjoyed it!

How to get there:
Address: 1435 Lexington Ave, New York 10128 (between 93rd and 94th)
Subway station: 96th street - line 4 or 6
Hours: Monday 1-6 pm
Tuesday to Friday 10 am - 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am - 6 pm
website: http://www.kitchenartsandletters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment