Thursday, April 19, 2012

Martha Stewart, really?

I'm a Tv series addict, specially those gooey romantic comedies and so, in most of them and also all the gooey romantic comedy movies that I watch, I've always heard someone mentioning Martha Stewart! So, of course, I know who she is, what she looks like and what she does, but until a couple of months ago, I had never seen her on tv. Until then I really thought she was great, like female Jamie Oliver with decorating skills, everyone always talks about her like she's a goddess, and of course I'd never doubt my favorite characters, then again, who would???

Martha before watching her show
So, as I was saying, a couple of months ago I received an email from iTunes store with an ad for a Martha's "How to make pumpkin pie" video, and I decided to watch! Really??? Really?? That's what Martha Stewart is?? She looks like a robot, she doesn't feel anything, she has no charisma at all...now my question is, how did she get where she is now? I have absolutely no idea! Like, everyone on food tv has their one thing that makes people like them, Jamie Oliver is charismatic, Ramsay is crazy nervous, and people love to see others getting yelled at, Nigella is passionate about all food, and doesn't mind eating as much as she wants to, Andrew Zimmern eats everything you don't want to, so that's pretty interesting, Anthony Bourdain travels and bring history unto food's life, but Martha, she does everyday food with no passion, no jokes, no anger, no traveling, no history, nothing really!

Martha after



Well, I'm sorry crazy americans that love her, but that's not for me, but I'm open to whatever you wanna say you see in her, is it the kitchen? Cause it's actually a nice kitchen, but not enough to watch her! Or the website, cause the site is great, really, I love it, I wish I had never seen her on tv, I'd probably still like her...damn you iTunes ad!!!

See you soon!


1 comment:

  1. hahaha Paty! Amei o post! Realmente ela é muito sem graça! Comparada ao Anthony Bourdain (que, diga-se de passagem, é suuuper charmoso) e demais que vc citou, ela não passa de uma Ana Maria Braga com uma super cozinha e sem um louro josé rs! Adorei!

    ReplyDelete